The membership of the Association comprises of three categories, viz:
- Ordinary Membership
- Associate Membership
- Honorary Life Membership
- Ordinary Membership :
Ordinary Membership is available to South African Publishers who satisfy the eligibility and admission requirements of the Association and who are deemed acceptable to the General Council.
- Associate Membership :
Associate Membership is available to persons (including juristic persons), who although not themselves publishers are nevertheless involved with activities associated with aspects of publishing in the Republic, and who are acceptable to the General Council.
- Honorary Life Membership :
Honorary Life Membership may be offered to any person who on the recommendation of the General Council, and with the approval of the General Assembly of Members, is acknowledged as having given exceptional service to the publishing industry in South Africa.
The Association through its General Assembly may determine periodic Membership Fees or Subscriptions, payable by each member concerned as a condition and consequence of membership. Differential fees/subscriptions may be determined in respect of different classes or categories of members.
PASA offer the following
- Support and networking within the industry
- Access to information relating to the industry
- Inclusion in the PASA Directory and on the PASA website - valuable resources for Education Departments, Booksellers, Librarians, Authors and affiliated organisations.
- Representation at, as well as assistance with, book fairs e.g. Frankfurt Book Fair, International Cape Town Book Fair and the Zimbabwe Book Fair
- Representation on an international level: African Publishers' Network (APNET), The International Publishers' Association (IPA) and International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisation (IFRRO).
- Contact with other industries within the supply chain e.g. South African Booksellers' Association (SABA), Print Media Association of South Africa (PMA), Print Industries Federation of South Africa (PIFSA), Librarians'
- Association of South Africa (LIASA) and Paper Manufacturers' Association of South Africa (PAMSA).
- Representation on legislative issues e.g. copyright
- Channels for communicating with Governmental Departments.
- Support and a platform for voicing concern about issues affecting the industry e.g. copyright, plagiarism, BBBEE the formation of SETAS and much more